ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC-2010-322-1
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional reference: 2010-322
Ottawa, 2 August 2010Cogeco Diffusion inc.
Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières, Quebec
Applications 2009-0175-3 and 2009-0176-1, received 15 January 2009
Licence renewals - Correction
1. In Broadcasting Decision 2010-322, the Commission renewed the broadcasting licences for, among others, the commercial radio programming undertakings CFGE-FM Sherbrooke and its transmitter CFGE-FM-1 Magog, and CJEB-FM Trois-Rivières. In that decision, the Commission noted that these licences would be subject to the conditions set out in Appendix 7 of that decision, which included a condition of licence relating to the diversity of editorial voices.
2. At the time of the original licensing decisions for CFGE-FM and CJEB-FM in 2003, the licensee, Cogeco Diffusion inc. (Cogeco), indicated that these stations would use the same newsrooms as would its television stations in Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières. The Commission therefore set out a condition of licence for each station to ensure that the news broadcast on them would be distinct from that broadcast on its television stations, in terms of content and journalistic independence.
3. In Broadcasting Decision 2008-129, the Commission approved an application by TQS inc.  (TQS) to change the effective control of TQS through the transfer of all the issued and outstanding shares of 3947424 Canada Inc., the parent corporation of TQS, held by Cogeco Radio-Television inc. (60%) and CTV Television Inc. (40%), to Remstar Diffusion inc., a corporation owned and controlled by Julien and Maxime Rémillard. As a result of that decision, Cogeco’s interests in the Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières television stations became null. Consequently, the conditions of licence relating to the diversity of editorial voices for Cogeco’s Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières radio stations are no longer applicable.
4. Accordingly, the Commission hereby deletes condition of licence number 3 set out in Appendix 7 to Broadcasting Decision 2010-322.
- Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-322, 28 May 2010
- Change in the effective control of TQS inc. and licence renewals of the television programming undertakings CFJP-TV Montréal, CFJP-DT Montréal, CFAP-TV Québec, CFKM-TV Trois-Rivières, CFKS-TV Sherbrooke, CFRS-TV Saguenay and of the TQS network, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-129, 26 June 2008
- CFGE-FM Sherbrooke and its transmitter CFGE-FM-1 Magog and CJEB-FM Trois-Rivières – Acquisition of assets, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2004-568, 23 December 2004
- Commercial French-language FM radio station in Trois-Rivières, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-201, 2 July 2003
- Commercial French-language FM radio station in Sherbrooke, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2003-197, 2 July 2003
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
 As set out in Broadcasting Decision 2004-568, Cogeco Diffusion inc. acquired the assets of CFGE-FM and its transmitter CFGE-FM-1, and of CJEB-FM, from Cogeco Radio-Télévision inc. as part of a corporate restructuring in 2004.
 TQS inc. changed its name to V Interactions inc. on 24 August 2009.
- Date modified: