ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-336
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-211
Ottawa, 2 June 2010
Fifth Dimension Properties Inc.
Application 2010-0493-6, received 19 March 2010
Penthouse TV – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by Fifth Dimension Properties Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the national, Category 2 pay television programming undertaking known as Penthouse TV in order to allow the service to be available for distribution in high definition (HD) format. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. Consistent with the Commission’s approach to HD specialty services set out in Broadcasting Public Notice 2006‑74, as well as with the changes to this approach announced in Broadcasting Public Notice 2008‑100, the licensee shall be subject to the following condition of licence until the end of its current licence term:
The licensee is authorized to make available for distribution a version of its service in high definition (HD) format, provided that not less than 95% of the video and audio components of the upgraded and standard definition versions of the service are the same, exclusive of commercial messages and of any part of the service carried on a subsidiary signal. Further, all of the programming making up the 5% allowance shall be provided in HD.
- Regulatory frameworks for broadcasting distribution undertakings and discretionary programming services – Regulatory policy, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008‑100, 30 October 2008
- Regulatory framework for the licensing and distribution of high definition pay and specialty services, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2006‑74, 15 June 2006
* This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: