ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-393
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-69
Additional reference: 2010-225 and 2010-393-1
Ottawa, 18 June 2010Télé Inter-Rives ltée
Application 2010-0488-7, received 18 March 2010
CKRT-TV Rivière-du-Loup – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by Télé Inter-Rives ltée to amend the broadcasting licence for the television programming undertaking CKRT‑TV Rivière‑du‑Loup in order to add a digital transmitter at Rivière-du-Loup. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The transmitter will operate on channel 7 with an effective radiated power of 7,000 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 345.1 metres).
3. In Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-69, the Commission stated that it would not issue separate licences for digital television transmitters. Instead it stated that it would authorize the operation of digital transmitters by way of an amendment to the existing licence that would allow the simulcast of the associated service’s programming on a digital transmitter. In light of the Commission’s determinations set out in that policy, the Commission has considered this application as an amendment to the existing licence.
4. Furthermore, in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-167, the Commission established a list of markets for which the transition to digital is mandatory. In this case, the station is located in a mandatory market. The Commission notes that approval of this application will enable the licensee to adhere to the requirement set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-167.
5. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the licence amendment will not be in effect until the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate has been issued.
6. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 31 August 2011, unless otherwise authorized by the Commission.
A group-based approach to the licensing of private television services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-167, 22 March 2010
Revised licensing framework for over-the-air digital television services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-69, 10 February 2010
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: