ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010‑467
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-69
Additional reference: 2010-246
Ottawa, 9 July 2010
TVA Group Inc.
Application 2010-0512-4, received 25 March 2010
CHLT-TV Sherbrooke – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by TVA Group Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the television programming undertaking CHLT‑TV Sherbrooke in order to add a digital transmitter at Sherbrooke. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The transmitter will operate on channel 7 with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 2,369 watts (maximum ERP of 4,000 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 588.1 metres).
3. In Revised licensing framework for over-the-air digital television services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-69, 10 February 2010, the Commission stated that it would not issue separate licences for digital television transmitters. Instead it would authorize the operation of digital transmitters by way of an amendment to the existing licence that would allow the simulcast of the associated service’s programming on a digital transmitter. In light of the Commission’s determinations set out in that policy, the Commission has considered this application as an amendment to the existing licence.
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the licence amendment will not be in effect until the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate has been issued.
5. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 31 August 2011, unless otherwise authorized by the Commission.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: