ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-581
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-295
Ottawa, 13 August 2010
7545398 Canada Inc. (a subsidiary of Corus)
Application 2010-0793-0, received 7 May 2010
Public Hearing in the National Capital Region
19 July 2010
CKRS-FM Chicoutimi/Saguenay - Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves the application by 7545398 Canada Inc. (a subsidiary of Corus) (7545398 Canada) for authority to acquire, as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the French-language commercial radio programming undertaking CKRS-FM Chicoutimi/Saguenay from 591991 B.C. Ltd. (591991 B.C.), and for a new broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
2. The Commission received two comments in connection with this application. The public record for this proceeding is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings.”
3. 7545398 Canada, the purchaser, and 591991 B.C., the current licensee of the above-mentioned undertaking, are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Corus Entertainment Inc. (Corus).
4. The transaction will be carried out through the transfer to 7545398 Canada of the assets of the above-mentioned undertaking held by 591991 B.C. On completion of the transaction, 7545398 Canada will become the licensee of CKRS-FM.
5. The applicant indicated that the objective of this corporate reorganization is to simplify the submission of applications relating to the sale of radio stations controlled by Corus in the province of Quebec.
6. This reorganization will not have any impact on the control of CKRS-FM, which will continue to be exercised by Corus.
7. On surrender of the current licence issued to 591991 B.C. Ltd., the Commission will issue a new licence to 7545398 Canada Inc., which will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
- Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-295, 20 May 2010
- Various radio programming undertakings – Licence renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-525, 27 August 2009, as amended by Various radio programming undertakings – Licence renewals – Correction, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-525-1, 22 December 2009
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: