ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-794
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-69
Additional reference: 2010-81 and 2010-464
Ottawa, 27 October 2010
TVA Group Inc.
Application 2010-0993-6, received 15 June 2010
CFCM-TV Québec – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by TVA Group Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the television programming undertaking CFCM-TV Québec in order to add a digital transmitter in Québec. The Commission received an intervention in support of this application.
2. In CFCM-TV Québec – Licence amendment, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-81, 12 February 2010, the Commission approved in part an application to operate a transitional digital television programming undertaking associated with CFCM-TV Québec, authorizing the simulcast of the programming broadcast by CFCM-TV. The undertaking approved in that decision is not in operation. TVA Group inc. is now requesting an amendment to the licence for CFCM-TV Québec in order to add a digital transmitter at Québec to replace the transmitter approved in Broadcasting Decision 2010-81.
3. The new transmitter will operate on channel 17 with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 122,500 watts (maximum ERP of 210,000 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 117.2 metres).
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the licence amendment will not be in effect until the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
5. The new transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 31 August 2011. The Commission expects the licensee to inform it in writing once this transmitter is in operation.
6. Furthermore, given the approval of this application, and at the licensee’s request, the authority granted in Broadcasting Decision 2010-81 to operate a transitional digital television programming undertaking associated with CFCM-TV Québec is null and void as of the date of this decision.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: