ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2010-952-3
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional references: 2010-952, 2010-952-1, 2010-952-2, 2010-952-4 and 2010-952-5
Ottawa, 29 March 2011
Notice of hearing
4 April 2011
Additional information placed on the public file
1. The Commission has received additional information from CTVglobemedia Inc., Corus Entertainment Inc., Rogers Broadcasting Limited and Shaw Media Inc. which has been placed on the public file of this proceeding. This information includes amendments to their applications that provide a correction to the wording of the conditions of licence proposed by each of the applicants concerning Canadian programming expenditures but does not alter the proposed amounts of such expenditures.
2. In addition, Corus Entertainment Inc. (Corus) has requested further amendments to its application in a letter dated 24 March 2011, which modify its Canadian programming expenditures percentages and the condition of licence for Encore Avenue relating to described video. Corus also proposed a condition of licence that would allow it to report Canadian programming expenditures on a cash basis. Given that the intervention period is closed, the Commission is not prepared to accept Corus’s request to amend its application at this time. This issue will be discussed at the hearing with the applicant.
3. The additional information submitted by the applicants is available on the Commission’s website under each of their respective applications, as well as under a new link entitled “Information referred to in Notice of Consultation 2010-952-3.”
4. Appearing interveners may comment on this additional information at the hearing if they wish. All interveners in this process will have the opportunity to comment on this additional information as part of their final written submissions at a date to be announced.
5. The Commission reminds parties that additional information relating to this proceeding may continue to be added to the public file. Interested parties are invited to check the public file on a regular basis.
- Date modified: