ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-51
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-859
Ottawa, 27 January 2011
Videotron Ltd. and 9227-2590 Québec inc., partners in a general partnership to be constituted, to carry on business as Videotron General Partnership
Application 2010-1530-6, received 1 October 2010
Public hearing in Gatineau, Quebec
21 January 2011
Broadcasting distribution undertakings, Illico sur demande and Canal Indigo – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves the application by Videotron Ltd. (Videotron) and 9227-2590 Québec inc. (9227), partners in a general partnership to be constituted, to carry on business as Videotron General Partnership (Videotron GP), for authority to acquire, as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the broadcasting undertakings held by Videotron and for new broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the undertakings under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. Videotron is the licensee of Class 1 terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings (BDUs) serving Saguenay (Chicoutimi), Gatineau (Aylmer, Gatineau, Hull) and surrounding areas, Granby, Montréal (2), Québec and surrounding areas, Sherbrooke and Terrebonne, of the video-on-demand programming undertaking Illico sur demande and the national French-language pay-per-view undertaking Canal Indigo. Videotron also owns and operates various exempt terrestrial BDUs.
3. 9227 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Videotron, which in turn is wholly owned by Quebecor Media Inc. (Quebecor).
4. For operational and financial purposes, this transaction will be effected by the transfer of the assets of the aforementioned broadcasting undertakings from Videotron to Videotron GP.
5. The Commission notes that this reorganization will not affect ultimate control of the aforementioned broadcasting undertakings, which will continue to be exercised by Quebecor.
6. Upon surrender of the broadcasting licences currently issued to Videotron Ltd. and the filing of constituting documents demonstrating that an eligible corporation has been constituted, the Commission will issue broadcasting licences to the new licensee under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences.
* This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: