ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-782
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2011-595
Additional reference: 2011-782-1
Ottawa, 16 December 2011
Cogeco Cable Canada Inc.
Application 2011-1167-4, received 8 August 2011
Public hearing in the National Capital Region
21 November 2011
Video-on-demand service – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves an application by Cogeco Cable Canada Inc. (Cogeco Canada) for authority to acquire, as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the regional video-on-demand (VOD) undertaking from Cogeco Cable Canada GP Inc. (the general partner) and Cogeco Cable Canada Inc. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Cogeco Cable Canada LP and for a broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions concerning this application.
2. Cogeco Canada is owned and controlled by Cogeco Inc.
3. Following completion of the transaction, Cogeco Canada will become the licensee of the regional VOD undertaking.
4. The Commission notes that this corporate reorganization will not affect the effective control of the regional VOD undertaking, which will continue to be exercised by Cogeco Inc.
5. Upon surrender of the broadcasting licence currently issued to Cogeco Cable Canada GP Inc. (the general partner) and Cogeco Cable Canada Inc. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Cogeco Cable Canada LP, the Commission will issue a broadcasting licence to Cogeco Cable Canada Inc. under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: