ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2012-524
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 28 September 2012
CISC consensus report – Canadian Numbering Resource Utilization Forecast (C-NRUF) Guideline
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 9 July 2012, the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus Task Identification Form (TIF) report, together with a revised version of the Canadian Numbering Resource Utilization Forecast (C-NRUF) Guideline, for Commission approval:
- CSCN TIF Report 94 re: TIF 75 CSCN Guidelines Review – Canadian Numbering Resource Utilization Forecast (C-NRUF) Guideline (CNRE094A)
2. The guidelines describe the process used by the Canadian Numbering Administrator to (i) project the exhaust dates of Canadian area codes, and (ii) provide the results of its analysis to the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) Administrator for projecting the overall life span of the NANP.1
3. The consensus report and revised guideline can be found under the “Guidelines and Numbering Links” section of the CSCN web page, which is available under the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
4. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report and revised C-NRUF Guideline.
 The NANP is a plan used by Canada, the United States, and 18 other countries within country code 1.
- Date modified: