ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-554
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 5 July 2012
Ottawa, 10 October 2012
Telelatino Network Inc.
Sky TG24 Canada – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by Telelatino Network Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for Sky TG24 Canada, formerly categorized as a national, ethnic specialty Category B service, by modifying condition of licence 2 to indicate that it is a third-language service. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The Commission notes that since the licensee broadcasts all of its programming in the Italian language, it is subject to the linkage and packaging provisions set out in sections 27(2) and 27(3) of the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations applicable to undertakings that broadcast no less than 90% of their programming in a third language.
3. Sky TG24 Canada is hereby designated as a national, third-language specialty Category B service. The conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-554
Conditions of licence for the national, third-language specialty Category B service Sky TG24 Canada
1. The licensee shall adhere to the standard conditions of licence for specialty Category B services set out in Standard conditions of licence, expectations and encouragements for Category B pay and specialty services – Corrected Appendices 1 and 2, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-786-1, 18 July 2011, as amended from time to time, except for condition 7d), which will not apply, and condition 7a), which is replaced by the following:
Except as otherwise provided in subparagraphs b) and c), the licensee shall not broadcast more than twelve minutes of advertising material during each clock hour, no more than six minutes of which may consist of local advertising.
For the purposes of this condition of licence, “local advertising” is advertising that does not fall within the definitions of national and regional advertising, that is, advertising on behalf of persons who provide goods or services in more than one market and/or province.
2. In regard to the nature of service:
(a) The licensee shall provide a national, third-language specialty Category B service targeting the Italian community.
(b) The licensee may draw programming from all the categories set out in item 6 to Schedule I to the Specialty Services Regulations, 1990, as amended from time to time, with the exception of category 15 Filler programming.
(c) The licensee shall devote no less than 90% of all programming broadcast during the broadcast week to programming in the Italian language.
3. The broadcasting undertaking licensed hereby is designated as a Category B service.
For the purpose of these conditions of licence, the terms “broadcast day” and “clock hour” shall have the same meanings as those set out in the Television Broadcasting Regulations, 1987.
The term “broadcast week” shall have the same meaning as that set out in the Radio Regulations, 1986.
- Date modified: