ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2012-569
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 17 October 2012
CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE086a regarding IP network interconnections for voice services
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. In Network interconnection for voice services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2012-24, 19 January 2012, the Commission requested that the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) undertake a number of activities to facilitate Internet Protocol (IP) network interconnections for voice services.
2. On 9 August 2012, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of CISC submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- IP Interconnection (BPRE086a)
3. In this report, the BPWG considered whether agreement templates should be updated and/or put in place in support of IP network interconnection arrangements, and recommended the following:
a) The existing Master Agreement for Local Interconnection (MALI) and the standard LEC-IXC Agreement1 should be left unchanged, as they serve their purposes well, and it would not be advantageous to generalize them to support IP network interconnection; and
b) All LECs interconnecting using IP should draft their own agreements based on the IP Voice Network Interconnection Guidelines and technical specifications, and the language used in the standard MALI as applicable.
4. This consensus report can be found under the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available under the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
5. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report.
 LEC and IXC stand for local exchange carrier and interexchange carrier, respectively.
- Date modified: