ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-477
This page has been archived on the Web
Ottawa, 6 September 2013
CISC Business Process Working Group – Consensus report BPRE077c – Basic Listing Interchange File (BLIF) Agreement
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 14 December 2012, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted for Commission approval consensus report BPRE077c – Basic Listing Interchange File (BLIF) Agreement, along with proposed revisions to the BLIF Agreement template (the template), which is used by the telecommunications industry to exchange customer information for the purpose of inclusion in directories.
2. The BPWG noted that in reviewing the template for the provision of basic directory listings, it focused on addressing the concerns that were raised by participants and on ensuring that the documentation more accurately reflected the current directory publishing environment. In addition, the BPWG proposed wording in the template that provides recourse to local exchange carriers (LECs) in situations where the purchaser of directory listing information repeatedly breaches the BLIF Agreement’s terms and conditions (the proposed recourse wording).
3. The consensus report and template can be found under the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available under the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
4. The Commission notes that the proposed recourse wording is similar to wording approved for the respective tariffs of Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership (Bell Aliant); Bell Canada; and Saskatchewan Telecommunications (SaskTel), and reflected in these companies’ respective BLIF Agreements. The Commission also notes that not all LECs have tariffs in place that reflect the proposed recourse wording.
5. Accordingly, the Commission approves the above-noted consensus report and template. The Commission also directs the LECs that wish to avail themselves of the recourse with respect to repeated breaches of the BLIF Agreement, as described in the template, to file proposed tariff revisions incorporating wording to this effect. The Commission’s Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) Model Tariff will also be updated to reflect this wording.
- Date modified: