ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-584
This page has been archived on the Web
Ottawa, 31 October 2013
CISC Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering – Consensus report CNRE101A regarding application processes for test central office codes and plant test codes
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. The Canadian NPA Relief Planning Guideline and Canadian Central Office Code (NXX) Assignment Guideline (the Guidelines) provide instructions, respectively, for providing area code relief in Canada and for administrating the assignment of central office (CO) codes.
2. On 11 July 2013, the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval, which sets out revisions to the Guidelines to clarify the application processes for obtaining test CO codes and plant test codes:
- Test Central Office (CO) Codes versus Plant Test Codes, 11 July 2013 (CNRE101A)
3. This consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the CSCN page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
4. After reviewing the proposed text, the Commission approves the above-noted consensus report and requests that the CSCN modify the Guidelines accordingly.
 Numbering plan area, also referred to as area code
 Test CO codes are temporarily assigned to carriers during NPA relief planning to test routing and billing throughout the North American Numbering Plan.
 Plant test codes are assigned on a temporary basis by the Canadian Numbering Administrator for the purpose of intra-carrier testing or bilateral testing between carriers.
- Date modified: