ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-203
This page has been archived on the Web
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 30 April 2014
Wilderness Ministries Inc.
Application 2013-1540-9, received 8 November 2013
CIOT-FM Nipawin – Licence renewal
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CIOT-FM Nipawin, Saskatchewan, from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
2. The licensee shall continue to adhere to Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62 and the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Decision 2010-891, with the exception of condition of licence 2, which has been replaced by the following condition of licence:
- The station shall be operated within the Specialty format as defined in A Review of Certain Matters concerning Radio, Public Notice CRTC 1995-60, 21 April 1995, as amended from time to time, and Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010, as amended from time to time.
3. The Commission notes that the licensee is operated as a not-for-profit corporation and as such is not subject to the requirements set out in section 15 of the Radio Regulations, 1986 regarding Canadian content development contributions.
4. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
5. In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- CIOT-FM Nipawin – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-891, 30 November 2010
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: