ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-212
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 2 May 2014
Various locations in Ontario
The application numbers are set out in the appendix.
Various commercial radio stations – Licence renewals
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertakings set out in the appendix to this decision from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
2. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time, and shall continue to adhere to the conditions of licence set out in the most recent licence renewal or licensing decisions, and licence amendment decision, if applicable, noted in the appendix to this decision.
3. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
4. In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-212
English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertakings for which the broadcasting licences have been renewed until 31 August 2021
The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as amended from time to time, as well as to the conditions of licence set out in the most recent licence renewal or licensing decisions, and licence amendment decision, if applicable, noted below.
|Application number, date received and undertaking||Broadcasting decision setting out conditions of licence to which the station must continue to adhere|
7 November 2013
CJTK-FM Sudbury, ON, and its transmitter CJTK-FM-2 Little Current
|CJTK-FM Sudbury and its transmitters CJTK-FM-1 North Bay and CJTK-FM-2 Little Current – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-253, 26 July 2007, as amended by Erratum, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-253-1, 12 September 2007, with the exception of condition of licence 1.|
7 November 2013
CJTK-FM-1Footnote 1 North Bay, ON, and its transmitter CJTK-FM-4 Mattawa
|Christian music FM radio station in North Bay, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2005-392, 11 August 2005, with the exception of condition of licence 1. |
With the authority granted in CJTK-FM-1 North Bay – New transmitter at Mattawa, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-750, 6 December 2011.
- Footnote 1
In CJTK-FM-1 North Bay and its transmitter CJTK-FM-4 Mattawa – Administrative renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-490, 17 September 2013, CJTK-FM-1 North Bay was erroneously referred to as a French-language station. CJTK-FM-1 is an English-language station.
- Date modified: