ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-256
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 21 may 2014
Dufferin Communications Inc.
Application 2013-1598-7, received 11 November 2013
CIAO Brampton – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the commercial ethnic AM radio programming undertaking CIAO Brampton, Ontario, from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- In Broadcasting Decision 2007-332, the Commission found the licensee to be in non-compliance with its condition of licence relating to Canadian talent development contributions. With respect to the current licence term, the Commission finds that the station has operated in compliance with its regulatory obligations. The Commission therefore finds it appropriate to renew the licence for a full seven-year term.
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time, and continue to adhere to the following condition of licence:
During each broadcast week, the licensee shall provide programming directed to a minimum of 12 cultural groups in a minimum of 13 different languages.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- CIAO Brampton – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-332, 28 August 2007
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: