ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-299
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-151
Ottawa, 5 June 2014
Various locations in British Columbia
The application numbers are set out in the decision.
Various community television stations – Licence renewals
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language community television programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
|Licensee||Application number and date received||Call sign and location|
|Ash-Creek TV Society||2014-0126-5 |
7 February 2014
|CH4472 Ashcroft, British Columbia|
|Ash-Creek TV Society||2014-0125-7 |
7 February 2014
|CH4473 Cache Creek, British Columbia|
|The Valemount Entertainment Society||2014-0110-9 |
4 February 2014
|CHVC-TV Valemount, British Columbia, and its transmitter CHVC-TV-1 Valemount|
- The licensees shall each adhere to the following conditions of licence:
- The licensee shall adhere to the provisions and requirements for community-based television stations set out in the appendix to Community television policy, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-622, 26 August 2010, and Community television policy – Correction, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-622-1, 13 September 2010, as amended from time to time.
- The licensee is relieved from the requirements of subsections 10(1) to 10(4) of the Television Broadcasting Regulations, 1987 (the Regulations) with regard to the retention of program logs or records. The Commission reminds the licensee that it must retain a clear and intelligible audio-visual recording of all its programming, and provide it, upon request, to the Commission, pursuant to the requirements of subsections 10(5) and 10(6) of the Regulations.
- In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensees to consider employment equity issues in their hiring practices and in all other aspects of their management of human resources.
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: