ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-314
This page has been archived on the Web
Route reference: 2014-127
Ottawa, 11 June 2014
The First Alberta Campus Radio Association
Application 2013-1600-3, received 13 November 2013
CJSR-FM Edmonton – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language campus radio programming undertaking CJSR-FM Edmonton, Alberta from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2012-304, as amended from time to time. The Commission received an intervention in support of the application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission reminds the licensee that the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
Filing of ownership information
- As set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-499, as amended from time to time, the Commission expects all community and campus radio station licensees to file yearly updates on the composition of their boards of directors. These annual updates can be submitted at the time of submission of annual returns, following annual board of directors’ elections or at any other time. As noted in Appendix 3 to that policy, licensees may submit such documentation via the Commission’s website.
- The Commission considers that campus and community radio stations should be particularly sensitive to employment equity issues in order to reflect fully the communities they serve. It encourages the licensee to consider these issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Standard conditions of licence for campus and community radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2012-304, 22 May 2012
- Campus and community radio policy, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-499, 22 July 2010
*This decision shall be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: