ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-173
This page has been archived on the Web
Ottawa, 1 May 2015
Conestoga College Communications Corporation
Kitchener and Paris, Ontario
Application 2014-0786-7, received 15 August 2014
CJIQ-FM Kitchener/Paris - Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language campus radio programming undertaking CJIQ-FM Kitchener/Paris, Ontario from 1 September 2015 to 31 August 2022. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2012-304, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
Filing of ownership information
- As set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2010-499, the Commission expects all community and campus radio station licensees to file yearly updates on the composition of their boards of directors. These annual updates can be submitted at the time of submission of annual returns, following annual board of directors’ elections or at any other time. As noted in Appendix 3 to that policy, licensees may submit such documentation via the Commission’s website.
- The Commission considers that campus and community radio stations should be particularly sensitive to employment equity issues in order to reflect fully the communities they serve. It encourages the licensee to consider these issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Standard conditions of licence for campus and community radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2012-304, 22 May 2012
- Campus and community radio policy, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-499, 22 July 2010
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: