ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-218
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 26 May 2015
Various locations in Quebec and in Saskatchewan
The application numbers are set out in the decision
Various Type B Native radio stations - Licence renewals
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the Type B Native radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2015 to 31 August 2022. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding the application by White Bear Children’s Charity Inc. The Commission received one joint supporting intervention regarding the application by Radio Essipit Haute-Côte-Nord inc.
- The public record for this proceeding can be found on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca or by using the appropriate application number provided below.
Licensee Call sign, location, application number and date received Radio Essipit Haute-Côte-Nord inc. CHME-FM Les Escoumins, Quebec, and its transmitters CHME-FM-1 Tadoussac, CHME-FM-2 Sacré-Cœur and CHME-FM-3 Forestville
20 August 2014
White Bear Children’s Charity Inc. CIDD-FM White Bear Lake Resort, Saskatchewan
28 August 2014
- The licensees shall adhere to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licences for the undertakings as well as to the conditions of licence set out in the appendix to this decision.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-218
Terms, conditions of licence and encouragement for the Type B Native radio programming undertakings CHME-FM Les Escoumins, Quebec, and its transmitters CHME-FM-1 Tadoussac, CHME-FM-2 Sacré-Cœur and CHME-FM-3 Forestville, and CIDD-FM White Bear Lake Resort, Saskatchewan
The licence will expire 31 August 2022.
Conditions of licence
The licensee shall devote, in each broadcast week, at least 35% of its musical selections from content category 2 (Popular Music) to Canadian selections broadcast in their entirety.
For the purposes of this condition of licence, the terms “broadcast week,” “Canadian selection,” “content category” and “musical selection” shall have the same meanings as those set out in the Radio Regulations, 1986.
- If the licensee originates 42 or more hours of programming in any broadcast week, the licensee shall adhere to the Canadian Association of Broadcasters’ Equitable Portrayal Code, as amended from time to time and approved by the Commission, and to the Broadcast Code for Advertising to Children, as amended from time to time and approved by the Commission.
The Commission encourages the licensee, should it wish to broadcast wrap-around programming after its daily sign-off, to use programming obtained from another Native radio station or network.
- Date modified: