Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-135
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 26 October 2015
Ottawa, 15 April 2016
Comité de la Radio communautaire huronne Wyandot inc.
CIHW-FM Wendake – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the applicationby Comité de la Radio communautaire huronne Wyandot inc. (Wyandot) to change the authorized contours of the radio programming undertaking CIHW-FM Wendake, Quebec, by relocating its transmitter to another site in Wendake (formerly Village-des-Hurons) and by decreasing the effective height of antenna above average terrain from 25 to 21.7 meters. All others technical parameters will remain unchanged.
- Wyandot stated that it was necessary to relocate the transmitter as a result of the sale of the current transmitter site and facility.
- The Commission received an intervention commenting on the application from RNC MEDIA Inc. (RNC), which noted that Wyandot had not identified it as a respondent even though the application could impact its station CHXX-FM Donnacona, Quebec. RNC also noted that there was a risk of interference, but that Wyandot had committed in its engineering brief to correcting any interference issues affecting CHXX-FM, consistent with the rules of the Department of Industry (the Department). Wyandot did not reply to RNC’s comment.
- Should the application be approved, RNC requested that the Commission indicate in its decision that Wyandot must notify RNC during the move. However, the record of the application shows that Wyandot has already notified RNC of the move and therefore complied with the Department’s rules.
- The transmitter must be operational with implemented technical changes at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 15 April 2018. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: