Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-266
Reference: Part 1 licence renewal application posted on 23 February 2016
Ottawa, 14 July 2016
Fairchild Radio (Calgary FM) Ltd.
CHKF-FM Calgary – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the ethnic commercial radio programming undertaking CHKF-FM Calgary, Alberta, from 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2023. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-266
Terms, conditions of licence and encouragement for the ethnic commercial radio programming undertaking CHKF-FM Calgary, Alberta
The licence will expire 31 August 2023.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking as well as to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, with the exception of condition of licence number 7.
- The licensee shall broadcast programming directed to a minimum of 10 ethnocultural groups in a minimum of 19 languages each broadcast week.
- The licensee shall allocate its basic annual Canadian content development contribution to music initiatives that reflect the ethnic character of the station.
- The licensee shall broadcast not less than 87 hours of local programming during each broadcast week.
In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Date modified: