Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Distribution List
Ottawa, 20 May 2016
Our reference: 1011-NOC2016-0192
Re: Examination of differential practices related to Internet data plans, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-192, 17 May 2016 – Requests for Information
Dear Madam, Sir:
On 18 May 2016, requests for information were sent by the Commission as part of the above-mentioned proceeding. However, there has been issues with some email addresses in the distribution list. As such, the Commission hereby reissues the same questions, but with an updated distribution list. Please disregard the 18 May 2016 letter and use the present one instead for your responses.
Pursuant to paragraph 37 of Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2016-192, attached are requests for information from the Commission. The parties identified in the distribution list are to file responses to the questions set out in the attachment by 17 June 2016. Other parties not specifically directed to respond to these interrogatories are invited to do so. These submissions must be received, not merely sent, by that date.
Original signed by
Strategic Planning & Research
c.c.: Suneil Kanjeekal, CRTC, (613) 668-6561, email@example.com
Josiane Lord, CRTC, (819) 576-2568, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Macfarlane, CRTC (819) 997-4389, email@example.com
- 768812 Ontario Inc. (Vianet), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acanac Inc., email@example.com
- Access Communications Co-operative Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- All Communications Network of Canada Co., TaxDepartment@acninc.com
- AOL Canada Corp., AOLCanadaLegal@aol.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Bell Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bragg communications Incorporated (Eastlink), email@example.com ; Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Câble-Axion Digitel inc., email@example.com
- CIK Telecom Inc., Jack.Don@ciktel.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cogeco Cable Inc., email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- DERYtelecom Inc., email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distributel Communications Limited, email@example.com
- Execulink Telecom Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- General Motors of Canada Limited, firstname.lastname@example.org ; Sue.email@example.com
- Globalstar Canada Satellite Co., firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Ice Wireless Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lemalu Holdings Ltd., email@example.com
- MTS Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multiboard Communications Inc., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NorthernTel, Limited Partnership, email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwestel Inc., email@example.com
- Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Radiant Communications Corp., firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org ; David.email@example.com ; Simon-Pierre.Olivier@fidomobile.ca
- Saskatchewan Telecommunications, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SearsConnect Inc., email@example.com
- Shaw Cablesystems Limited, Regulatory@sjrb.ca
- Sogetel Mobilité inc., firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- TBayTel, firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- TekSavvy Solutions Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Télébec, limited partnership, email@example.com
- TELUS Communications Company, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vidéotron G.P., email@example.com
- Wind Mobile Corp., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xplornet Communications Inc., email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe in detail all promotions or other service offerings that you provide, or intend to provide in the next 2 years, that exempt or discount data usage charges on your Internet data plans over your wireline or wireless (mobile, fixed wireless access and satellite) networks.
- In each instance, clearly set out the details on the nature of the application that is exempt or discounted from data usage charges, the availability date, price, conditions, customer eligibility criteria, number of subscribers, restrictions on use, and average data usage (in GB and as a percentage of user’s data consumption per month).
- In each instance, describe the technology(ies) that facilitate your ability to differentiate the data and apply differential pricing on your data plans. If applicable, also indicate from which vendor(s) you source such technology.
- Describe any promotions or other service offerings you are aware of in jurisdictions outside of Canada that are being offered by Internet Service Providers (ISPs)Footnote 1 that exempt or discount data usage charges on their internet data plans over their wireline or wireless (mobile, fixed wireless access and satellite) networks.
- Footnote 1
For the purposes of this proceeding Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are defined as service providers offering retail internet access services over wireline or wireless networks including the commercial mobile networks operated by Wireless Carriers.
- Date modified: