Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-440
Ottawa, 11 December 2017
Ethnic Channels Group Limited
Application 2017-0797-8, received 30 August 2017
Zee Cinema Canada (formerly Bollywood SD) – Revocation of licence
- Ethnic Channels Group Limited has requested the revocation of its broadcasting licence for the national, niche third-language ethnic specialty Category B service Zee Cinema Canada, originally granted in Broadcasting Decision 2012-129, in order to continue its operation as an exempt undertaking, pursuant to Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Given the licensee’s request and pursuant to sections 9(1)(e) and 24(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission revokes the broadcasting licence issued to Ethnic Channels Group Limited for the above-mentioned undertaking.
- The operator of this undertaking must, at all times, comply with the criteria contained in Broadcasting Order 2015-88.
- Exemption order respecting discretionary television programming undertakings serving fewer than 200,000 subscribers, Broadcasting Order CRTC 2015-88, 12 March 2015
- Bollywood SD – Hindi Movie Channel – Specialty Category B service, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-129, 2 March 2012
- Date modified: