- Detailed description of the ownership information that needs to be submitted with each application.
- Step-by-step guide to filling forms when there is a transaction resulting in change in ownership and/or effective control.
Contact the Ownership and Acquisition group and request a copy of the guide.
Who owns a broadcasting or telecommunications entity is of concern to us. We strive to ensure that each market has access to content from a variety of sources and provided by a variety of services.
Vertical integration refers to the ownership or control by one entity of both programming services, such as conventional television stations and distribution services like cable or satellite. Vertically integrated companies include:
- Rogers Communications Inc.,
- Quebecor Media Inc.,
- Bell Canada, and
- Shaw Communications Inc.
Our goal is to ensure that consumers benefit from a wide choice of programming within an increasingly integrated broadcasting system.
We recognize that in today’s environment, Canadians expect to be in control of what they watch. To this end, we ask vertically integrated companies to report on how they have provided consumers with more choice and flexibility.
I need to...
- File telecom ownership information
- File change in ownership information (Broadcasting)
- View local broadcast markets
- Date modified: