Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
1. Following Public Notice CRTC 1998-38 dated 21 April 1998, the Commission approves the application by North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. to amend the broadcasting licence for the radio programming undertaking CFNO-FM Marathon, by changing the authorized frequency of the transmitter CFNO-FM-4 Geraldton, from 107.1 MHz (channel 296LP) to 100.7 MHz (channel 264A1) and to increase the effective radiated power from 5 watts to 130 watts.
2. In addition, the licensee proposes to relocate the CFNO-FM-4 transmitter to a site approximately 3 kilometres north of the current site.
3. The Commission notes the licensee's statement that the proposed changes will provide improved coverage for Geraldton and the Nakina area.
4. The Commission authorizes the licensee to operate the undertaking on the basis of the contours and particulars resulting from the above-mentioned changes.
5. The Department of Industry has advised the Commission that this application is conditionally technically acceptable, and that a Broadcasting Certificate will only be issued once it has been determined that the proposed technical parameters will not create any unacceptable interference with aeronautical NAV/COM services.
6. In accordance with subsection 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission will only issue the licence amendment, and the authority will only be granted, at such time as written notification is received from the Department of Industry that its technical requirements have been met, and that a Broadcasting Certificate will be issued.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Laura M. Talbot-Allan
This document is available in alternative format upon request.