Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Winnipeg, St. Boniface and Brandon, Manitoba – 199906343 – 199906351 – 199906369
Applications processed by Public Notice CRTC 1999-167 dated 8 October 1999
Changes in power for transmitters CBWV-FM, CBWS-FM and CKSB-8-FM at Brandon
1. The Commission approves the applications to amend the broadcasting licences for the radio programming undertakings CBW and CBW-FM Winnipeg and CKSB St. Boniface, by changing the effective radiated power of the transmitters located at Brandon, as set out below:
Effective radiated power (watts)
2. The licensee indicates that replacing the existing system with a multi-channel antenna system will allow the three FM signals to be combined into a single antenna. In addition to the change in power, coverage will be slightly increased for CBWV-FM and CKSB-8-FM but will remain unchanged for CBWS-FM.
3. The Commission hereby authorizes the licensee to operate the undertakings on the basis of the contours and particulars resulting from the above-mentioned changes.
4. The Department of Industry has advised the Commission that these applications are conditionally technically acceptable. The Department will only issue Broadcasting Certificates once it has determined that the proposed technical parameters will not create any unacceptable interference with aeronautical NAV/COM services.
5. In accordance with section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the above-mentioned amendments will only be valid when the Department of Industry certifies to the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates have been or will be issued.
This decision is to be appended to each licence. It is available in alternative format upon request, and may also be viewed at the following Internet site: www.crtc.gc.ca