ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-580
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-295
Ottawa, 13 August 2010
Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia; London, Wingham, Pembroke, Ottawa, Wheatley, Windsor, Barrie and Parry Sound, Ontario
Application 2010-0788-1, received 4 May 2010
Public Hearing in the National Capital Region
19 July 2010
Various television programming undertakings - Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves the application by CTV Corp. for authority to acquire from CTV Limited, as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the English-language television programming undertakings CIVI-TV Victoria and its transmitter CIVI-TV-2 Vancouver, CFPL-TV London and its transmitter CKNX-TV Wingham, CHRO-TV Pembroke, CHRO-TV-43 Ottawa, CHWI-TV Wheatley and its transmitter CHWI-TV-60 Windsor, as well as CKVR-TV Barrie and its transmitter CKVR-TV-1 Parry Sound, and for new broadcasting licences to continue the operation of these undertakings under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. CTV Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CTV Limited. The latter is a wholly owned subsidiary of CTV Inc., which in turn is wholly owned by CTVglobemedia Inc. (CTVgm).
3. This transaction will be effected through the transfer of the assets of the above-mentioned undertakings from CTV Limited to CTV Corp. As a result of the transaction, CTV Corp. will become the licensee of the undertakings. The applicant stated that this transaction serves administrative and tax planning purposes.
4. The Commission notes that the transaction will not affect the ultimate control of the undertakings, which will continue to be exercised by CTVgm.
5. Upon surrender of the broadcasting licences currently issued to CTV Limited, the Commission will issue new licences to CTV Corp. under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences.
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: