ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-793
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-551
Ottawa, 26 October 2010
Rogers Communications Inc. and Fido Solutions Inc., partners in a general partnership carrying on business as Rogers Communications Partnership
Application 2010-0999-4, received 16 June 2010
Public hearing in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
6 October 2010
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings – Corporate reorganization (acquisition of assets)
1. The Commission approves the application by Rogers Communications Inc. (RCI) and Fido Solutions Inc., partners in a general partnership carrying on business as Rogers Communications Partnership (RCP) (collectively, the applicant), for authority to acquire, as part of a corporate reorganization, the terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings currently held by Rogers Cable Communications Inc. (RCCI). The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. RCCI is the licensee of a Class 1 regional licence for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings in Ontario, a Class 1 and a Class 3 regional licence for terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertakings in New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as national terrestrial pay-per-view (PPV), video-on-demand and direct-to-home PPV services.
3. The applicant requested new broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the aforementioned broadcasting undertakings under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences.
4. The corporate reorganization, which consists of the amalgamation of RCI with its wholly-owned subsidiaries RCCI and 0862081 B.C. Ltd., and the subsequent transfer of RCI’s assets to RCP, aims to streamline the corporate structure and will not affect the effective control of the undertaking, which would continue to be exercised by Rogers Voting Shares Holdings Inc.
5. Upon surrender of the broadcasting licences currently issued to Rogers Cable Communications Inc., the Commission will issue new licences to Rogers Communications Inc. and Fido Solutions Inc., partners in a general partnership carrying on business as Rogers Communications Partnership with the same expiry dates and under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: