ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-795
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2010-624
Ottawa, 27 October 2010
CTVglobemedia Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary CTV Corp.
Application 2010-1237-7, received 5 August 2010
CHWI-TV-60 Windsor – Technical change
1. The Commission approves the application by CTVglobemedia Inc., on behalf of its subsidiary CTV Corp., to amend the broadcasting licence for the conventional television programming undertaking CHWI-TV-60 Windsor in order to change the channel of its transmitter CHWI-TV-60 from 60 to 26 and to change its authorized contours by increasing the average effective radiated power from 5,800 to 6,200 watts. All other technical parameters will remain unchanged. The Commission received an intervention in support of this application.
2. The licensee requested this amendment in order to expedite CHWI-TV-60’s departure from the block of UHF channels above 51.
3. The licensee intends to file a separate application for a post-transition digital television transmitter associated with CHWI-TV-60 pursuant to Revised licensing framework for over-the-air digital television services, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-69, 10 February 2010. Such an application should be filed at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 31 December 2010.
4. The Commission notes that the population served within its regional service area will increase from 303,620 to 308,049 (an increase of 1.48%).
5. The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: