ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-293
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2011-55
Ottawa, 3 May 20117590474 Canada Inc.
Application 2010-1679-1, received 12 November 2010
Public Hearing in the National Capital Region
5 April 2011
CJLV Laval – Acquisition of assets
1. The Commission approves the application by 7590474 Canada Inc. (7590474Canada) to acquire, from Diffusion Laval inc., the assets of the French-language AM radio programming undertaking CJLV Laval and for a new broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. 7590474 Canada is a company controlled by Radio Humsafar Inc., which itself is controlled by its majority shareholder, Mr. Jasvir Singh Sandhu.
3. According to the purchase agreement, 7590474 Canada will acquire the assets of CJLV for $200,000.
4. In Commercial Radio Policy 1998, set out in Public Notice 1998-41, the Commission stipulated that it would forgo benefit requirements for unprofitable undertakings. The Commission notes that CJLV Laval has been unprofitable since its launch in 2004, and that the company recorded a negative average profit before interest and taxes for at least the past three years. Therefore, under the circumstances, no tangible benefits will be required.
5. Upon surrender of the current licence issued to Diffusion Laval inc., the Commission will issue a new licence to 7590474 Canada Inc. under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
6. In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
Commercial Radio Policy 1998, Public Notice CRTC 1998-41, 30 April 1998
Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
- Date modified: