ARCHIVED - Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-77-2
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional references: 2011-77, 2011-77-1
Ottawa, 8 April 2011
Notice of hearing
11 July 2011
Review of billing practices for wholesale residential high-speed access services
File numbers: 8661-C12-201102350, 8638-C12-201014620, 8638-C12-201016882, 8740-B2-201018317, and 8740-B2-201017426
Changes to procedure
1. With this notice, the Commission adds the listed tariff proceedings as they relate to wholesale residential high-speed access services to this proceeding. The inclusion of the listed proceedings provides a more comprehensive record for the assessment of alternative proposals for billing methods based on the principles outlined in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-77, and allows for disposition of the tariff proceedings related to wholesale residential high-speed access services as part of this proceeding.
i) Follow-up to Telecom Regulatory Policy 2010-632: Wholesale high-speed access services proceeding (cost studies – cable carriers) – 8638-C12-201014620
ii) Follow-up to Telecom Regulatory Policy 2010-632: Wholesale high-speed access services proceeding (cost studies – ILECs) – 8638-C12-201016882
iii) Bell Aliant Tariff Notice 349 and Bell Canada Tariff Notice 7293: Gateway Access Service – 8740-B2-201018317
iv) Bell Aliant Tariff Notice 345B and Bell Canada Tariff Notice 7290B – 8740-B2-201017426 (also included in 8638-C12-201016882)
2. The first two listed proceedings deal with tariff applications that propose rates for (a) the cable carriers’ third-party Internet access services, modified to include a higher degree of aggregation, and (b) speed-matching for the incumbent local exchange carriers’ (ILECs) aggregated asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) access services. The third listed proceeding deals with tariff applications from Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership (Bell Aliant) and Bell Canada proposing modifications to certain usage-based billing (UBB) rates, along with modifications to some service speeds for their Gateway Access Service (GAS). The fourth item consists of revisions to existing tariff applications from Bell Aliant and Bell Canada in which the companies have proposed the use of aggregated volume pricing as an alternative to UBB proposals for GAS that the companies have withdrawn.
3. The records of the above-listed proceedings as they relate to wholesale residential high-speed access services are added to the record of this proceeding.
4. The Commission revises paragraphs 21 and 22 of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-77-1 to reflect the addition of the above-noted proceedings. The revised paragraphs of the notice follow for ease of reference (changes are in italics):
21. All parties may file reply comments on interventions with the Commission, serving copies on all other parties, by 29 April 2011.
22. The Commission and parties may request information regarding the interventions and the added proceedings in the form of interrogatories from any party to the proceeding. In accordance with sections 73 and following of the Rules of Procedure, the requesting party must file its request for information with the Commission on or before 29 April 2011, and must serve the request on the party to whom it is addressed.
- Review of billing practices for wholesale residential high-speed access services, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-77, 8 February 2011, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-77-1, 17 March 2011
- Wholesale high-speed access services proceeding, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-632, 30 August 2010
- Date modified: