ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2012-19
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 16 January 2012
Brama Telecom Inc. – Discontinuance of proceeding related to compliance with the requirement to be a member of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc.
File number: 8665-C12-201116038
1. In Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-776, the Commission called Brama Telecom Inc. (Brama) to a public hearing commencing on 22 March 2012 at the Conference centre, Phase IV, 140 Promenade du Portage, Gatineau, Quebec to show cause why, among other things, the Commission should not order the disconnection of Brama’s telecommunications services for Brama’s failure to become a member of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc. (CCTS).
2. On 4 January 2012, the Commission received confirmation from Brama and the CCTS that Brama, following the announcement of the public hearing, had become a member of the CCTS and that the CCTS had officially accepted all complaints pertaining to Brama that fall within its mandate.
3. In light of the fact that Brama is now a member of the CCTS in accordance with Telecom Decision 2010-921 and Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-46, the Commission considers that no further action with respect to this matter is required at this time. Accordingly, the Commission hereby discontinues the proceeding initiated by Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-776 and closes the file.
- Brama Telecom Inc. – Compliance with the requirement to be a member of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services Inc., Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-776, 15 December 2011, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-776-1, 16 January 2012
- Review of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-46, 26 January 2011
- Review of the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services – Decision on membership, Telecom Decision CRTC 2010-921, 8 December 2010
- Date modified: