ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-599
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 applications posted on 14 August 2012
Ottawa, 30 October 2012
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Manouane, Obedjiwan, Wemindji, Mistassini, Weymontachie, Waskaganish and Waswanipi, Quebec
Applications 2012-0959-4 and 2012-0960-2
CBFG-FM Chisasibi – New transmitters and revocation of licences
1. The Commission approves applications by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language radio programming undertaking CBFG-FM Chisasibi. The first application (2012-0959-4) was to add the following existing undertakings to CBFG-FM Chisasibi’s licence as rebroadcasting transmitters:
- CBFA-FM-1 Manouane (radiocommunication distribution undertaking (RDU))
- CBFA-FM-2 Obedjiwan (RDU)
- CBFW-FM Wemindji (RDU)
- CBFM-FM Mistassini (RDU)
- CBFA-3 Weymontachie (radio programming undertaking)
- CBFH-FM Waskaganish (radio programming undertaking)
- CBFV-FM Waswanipi (radio programming undertaking)
2. The second application (2012-0960-2), which was subject to the approval of the first application (2012-0959-4), was to revoke the broadcasting licences for the seven undertakings noted above. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with the applications.
3. In support of its applications, the CBC stated that the above-noted transmitters would better serve listeners as rebroadcasting transmitters of CBFG-FM Chisasibi. The licensee indicated that all the rebroadcasting transmitters added in the licence of CBFG-FM would continue to operate under the technical parameters and contours authorized in their current licences. The CBC added that, although licensed as originating stations, CBFA-3 Weymontachie, CBFH-FM Waskaganish and CBFV-FM Waswanipi have been operating as rebroadcasting transmitters of CBFG-FM Chisasibi since 1974, 1986 and 1980, respectively. Therefore, there would be no impact on the programming broadcast by CBFA-3, CBFH-FM and CBFV-FM.
Revocation of licence
4. In light of the above, the Commission revokes the licence of the four radiocommunication distribution undertakings and the three radio programming undertaking noted above.
* This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: