Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-198
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 3 December 2012
Ottawa, 23 April 2013
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Chisasibi and Weymontachie, Quebec
CBFG-FM Chisasibi – New transmitter in Weymontachie
1. The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to amend the broadcasting licence for the radio programming undertaking CBFG-FM Chisasibi to operate an FM transmitter in Weymontachie, Quebec, to replace its current AM transmitter, CBFA-3. CBFG-FM belongs to the network La Première Chaîne. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The new transmitter will operate at 92.3 MHz (channel 222LP) with an average effective radiated power of 50 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 0.76 metres).
3. The licensee is authorized, by condition of licence, to simulcast the programming of CBFG-FM Chisasibi on CFBA-3 Weymontachie for a transition period of three months following the commencement of operation of the new FM transmitter. The licensee must then cease operation of its AM transmitter CBFA-3.
Condition prior to the implementation of the new transmitter
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
5. Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power unprotected FM transmitter, the Commission also reminds the licensee that it will have to select another frequency if the Department so requires.
6. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 23 April 2015. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: