Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-230
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 16 January 2013
Ottawa, 8 May 2013
Slave Lake and Wabasca, Alberta
CHSL-FM Slave Lake – New transmitter in Wabasca
1. The Commission approves the application by Newcap Inc. to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CHSL-FM Slave Lake, Alberta in order to operate an FM transmitter in Wabasca. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The new transmitter will operate at 94.3 MHz (channel 232A) with an average effective radiated power of 6,000 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 61.5 metres).
3. The new transmitter will rebroadcast the programming of CHSL-FM in Wabasca. The licensee stated that the addition of the transmitter will bring a clear and concise radio signal to the community of Wabasca.
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
5. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 8 May 2015. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: