Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-46
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 16 October 2012
Ottawa, 6 February 2013
Radio Montmagny inc.
Montmagny and St-Fabien-de-Panet, Quebec
CIQI-FM Montmagny – New transmitter in St-Fabien-de-Panet
1. The Commission approves the application by Radio Montmagny inc. (Radio Montmagny) to amend the broadcasting licence for the radio programming undertaking CIQI-FM Montmagny in order to operate a new transmitter in St-Fabien-de-Panet. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
2. The new transmitter will operate at 92.5 MHz (channel 223B) with an average effective radiated power (ERP) of 12,600 watts (maximum ERP of 17,500 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 123.1 meters).
3. The Commission notes that it has already granted Radio Montmagny an authorization for a similar application, but that this authorization expired on 26 August 2012 after being twice extended. The licensee indicated that the expiry was caused by the disappointing performance of the mother station CIQI-FM, but added that it still intended to launch a new transmitter in St-Fabien-de-Panet.
Condition prior to the implementation of the transmitter
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
5. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 6 February 2015. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: