Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-323
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 March 2014
Ottawa, 16 June 2014
United Christian Broadcasters Canada
Belleville and Maynooth, Ontario
CKJJ-FM Belleville – New transmitter in Maynooth
- The Commission approves the application by United Christian Broadcasters Canada to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language specialty commercial radio programming undertaking CKJJ-FM Belleville in order to operate a low-power FM transmitter in Maynooth. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 94.7 MHz (channel 234LP) with an average effective radiated power of 50 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 45 metres).
- The licensee stated that the new transmitter is necessary to provide reception within the town of Maynooth, since that community does not receive CKJJ-FM’s signal from the station’s transmitter CKJJ-FM-4 Bancroft.
- The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power unprotected FM undertaking, the Commission also reminds the licensee that it will have to select another frequency if the Department so requires.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 16 June 2016. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: