ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-168
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 16 February 2015
Ottawa, 29 April 2015
CKBA-FM Athabasca – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by the Newcap Inc. to change the authorized contours of the English-language commercial FM radio programming undertaking CKBA-FM Athabasca by:
- relocating the transmitter site;
- decreasing the effective radiated power from 9,000 to 7,200 watts; and
- increasing the effective height of antenna above average terrain from 54.0 to 126.5 metres.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The licensee stated that the changes would provide access to a stable long-term transmitter site that would ensure CKBA-FM’s continued service to Athabasca while improving service to adjacent populations.
- The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: