ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-29
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 17 October 2014
Ottawa, 2 February 2015
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
CBCL-FM-1 Tillsonburg – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to modify the technical parameters of the transmitter CBCL-FM-1 Tillsonburg, Ontario by:
- relocating the transmitter site;
- changing the class from B1 to A;
- decreasing the maximum effective radiated power (ERP) from 8,180 to 1,320 watts (average ERP from 2,060 to 1,320 watts);
- changing the antenna’s radiation pattern from directional to non-directional; and
- decreasing the effective height of antenna above average terrain from 78.9 to 3.5 metres.
- CBCL-FM-1 rebroadcasts Radio One programming originating from CBCL-FM London, Ontario. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The CBC indicated that these changes are necessary because it was unable to secure the site agreement for the transmitter approved in CBCL-FM London, New transmitter in Tillsonburg, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-106, 7 March 2014.
- The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: