Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-507
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 24 August 2015
Ottawa, 16 November 2015
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Prince George and Hudson’s Hope, British Columbia
CBYG-FM Prince George – New transmitter in Hudson’s Hope
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CBYG-FM Prince George, British Columbia, to operate an FM rebroadcasting transmitter in Hudson’s Hope to replace its existing low-power AM transmitter CBXU Hudson’s Hope. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 103.1 MHz (channel 276A1) with an effective radiated power of 124 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of -159 metres).
- The CBC indicated that this amendment would improve the quality of its Radio One signal in Hudson’s Hope and surrounding areas.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 16 November 2017. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: