Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-199
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 13 January 2017
Ottawa, 15 June 2017
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Trois-Rivières and Parent, Quebec
CBF-FM-8 Trois-Rivières – New transmitter in Parent
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language radio programming undertaking CBF‑FM-8 Trois-Rivières, Quebec, to add a low-power FM transmitter in Parent to replace its current AM rebroadcasting transmitter CBF-18 Parent. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The transmitter will operate at 99.9 MHz (channel 260LP) with an effective radiated power of 50 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of the antenna above average terrain of 24.2 metres). The licensee stated that the new transmitter will increase the quality of the signal offered to Parent listeners.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power unprotected FM undertaking, the Commission reminds the applicant that it will have to select another frequency or channel if the Department so requires.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 15 June 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: