Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-222
References: Part 1 licence renewal applications posted on 1 March 2017
Ottawa, 28 June 2017
Chibougamau and Montréal, Quebec
CKXO-FM Chibougamau and CKLX-FM Montréal – Licence renewals
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the French-language commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2024. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
Licensee Call sign and location Application Groupe Radio Antenne 6 inc. CKXO-FM Chibougamau, Quebec 2016-0650-1 RNC MEDIA Inc. CKLX-FM Montréal, Quebec 2016-0819-2
- The terms and conditions of licence for these stations are set out in the appendix to this decision.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
- In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages Groupe Radio Antenne 6 inc. to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Because RNC MEDIA Inc. is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
This decision is to be appended to each licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-222
Terms, conditions of licence and expectation for the commercial radio programming undertakings renewed in this decision
The licence will expire 31 August 2024.
Condition of licence applicable to CKXO-FM Chibougamau, Quebec
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
Conditions of licence applicable to CKLX-FM Montréal, Quebec
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, with the exception of condition 7, as well as to the conditions set out in the broadcasting licence for the undertaking.
- The station shall be operated within the specialty format as defined in A Review of certain matters concerning radio, Public Notice CRTC 1995-60, 21 April 1995, and in Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010.
- The licensee shall devote at least 50% of the programming broadcast each broadcast week to programs drawn from content category 1 (Spoken Word).
Expectation applicable to all stations
The Commission expects the licensee to reflect the cultural diversity of Canada in its programming and employment practices.
- Date modified: