The CRTC Wireless Code
Do you want to cancel your contract? Start by letting us help you calculate your cancellation fees.
About the Wireless Code
The CRTC created the Wireless Code to make it easier for you - as an individual or a small business - to understand the contracts for your cell phone and other mobile devices.
The Wireless Code explains your rights and responsibilities as a consumer of wireless services
It establishes new standards that all wireless service providers must follow. The Wireless Code applies to all new contracts signed as of December 2, 2013. It also applies to existing contracts that are renewed or extended, or where the key terms are amended, as of December 2, 2013. In addition, the code will apply to all wireless contracts as of June 3, 2015, regardless of when they were signed.
Understand your Consumer Rights
What are the benefits of the Wireless Code?
- Watch a video to see how the Wireless Code affects you and your service provider; and
- Read our infographic for a quick summary of the benefits.
Not sure if the Wireless Code applies to you based on your type of mobile contract?
- Determine when the Wireless Code applies to you; and
- Use our checklist to see the key differences between prepaid and postpaid contracts.
Confused about your cancellation fees?
Do you think your service provider is violating the terms in the Wireless Code?
The Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS) exists to investigate your complaints.
Accountability to our Consumers
These research reports are available on the Public Opinion Research Reports website.
- Wireless Code Public Opinion Research – Executive Summary (7 April 2014)
- Wireless Code Public Opinion Research – Quantitative Research Report (7 April 2014)
- Date modified: