Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-134-2
References: 2015-134, 2015-134-1, 2015-134-3, 2015-134-4 and 2015-134-5
Ottawa, 22 December 2015
File number: 8663-C12-201503186
Notice of hearing
11 April 2016
[Submit an intervention or view related documents]
Review of basic telecommunications services
Changes to procedure
- With this notice, the Commission modifies the procedure established in Review of basic telecommunications services, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-134, 9 April 2015, as amended by Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2015-134-1, 3 June 2015 (the proceeding).
- On 21 December 2015, the Commission issued a letter addressing a request by Yak Communications (Canada) Corp. (Yak) for the Commission to determine whether the provision of equal access as a wholesale serviceFootnote 1 is within the scope of the proceeding.
- The Commission determined that the provision of the equal access wholesale service is not within the scope of the proceeding. However, the Commission considered it appropriate to provide Yak and other interested persons who have not already intervened in the proceeding with an opportunity to comment on whether the choice of long distance service provider should form part of a basic telecommunications service policy resulting from the proceeding.
- The Commission hereby revises the procedure as follows. For ease of reference, the relevant paragraph of the above-mentioned notice of consultation is reproduced below, with changes highlighted in bold italics:
64. All parties may file further interventions with the Commission by 1 February 2016. In addition, interested persons may file, by the same date, (i) comments regarding whether the choice of long distance service provider should form part of a basic telecommunications service policy, and (ii) a notice of their intention to appear at the hearing, if applicable, supported by reasons as to why an appearance is necessary.
- Footnote 1
Equal access is a wholesale service that enables customers to make long distance calls using a service provider other than their current local service provider.
- Date modified: