You Have Choices. Demand Better.
Since March 1, 2016, you can subscribe to an affordable basic TV package that costs no more than $25 per month (not including equipment). You also have more options to add to that service as TV service providers must offer channels either individually or in packages of up to 10 channels.
As of December 1, 2016, they will have to offer both options.
View the PDF version of this content.
Public Hearing: September 7-8, 2016
A public hearing took place on September 7 and 8, 2016, on how the new basic television package and pick and pay/small packages are being implemented across Canada. We wanted to make sure that these packages are offered by TV service providers in the spirit in which it was intended.
We also collected comments on this issue. Read what was shared with us (look for “interventions”).
TV Service Providers Near You
Find TV service providers in your area. See what they have to offer. Choose the one that works best for you.
Affordable basic package
Priced at no more than $25/month (excluding equipment)
- Local and regional TV stations
- Channels with mandatory distribution
- Community and provincial legislature channels (where available)
- Provincial/territorial educational channels
May also include:
- Other Canadian over-the-air stations
- Local AM and FM radio stations
- American networks (ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) and PBS
- Educational channels of another province or territory in each official language (if none is offered)
Pick and pay and small packages
Since March 1, 2016, cable and satellite companies must offer channels EITHER individually OR in packages of up to 10 channels.
As of December 1, 2016, channels will be offered BOTH individually AND in packages of up to 10 channels.
What we are doing
Policies, Decisions and Orders
- Date modified: